McJohn.org

A wonderful way to keep in touch.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

His Name

The author's name is Felipe Fernandez-Armestos. That does mean I've closed the book for awhile. The last chapter is dense, and harder to plow through; probably that's where he means to really draw conclusions, and probably I'm resisting accepting them. With so many reservations, that means that I'm going to be ready to start in reading it all again pretty quickly. Still, it's a terrific relief to be enjoying the overall recap of history from the perspectives that F-A offers, and that I accept wholeheartedly. Terrific.

Of course, I went back to the burgundy boucle and plowed through that, too. If it dries today and I get the fringe on it, it'll be right next to the first one. I do love the softness and the colors--the yarn shades through several depths of color. Soft as the angel's touch that one hopes will help whoever uses this shawl. Can't believe that really heavy or really warm is what I want to offer, to someone who's not well.

I've decided that I really know who my good Samaritan is, who's keeping my driveway and sidewalks clear. Must be the neighbor next door. How does he do it, so early or so late that I never even hear the roar? A silent snowblower? Even the front stairs were cleared, the first time. Talk about angels, I think I've got one next door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home