McJohn.org

A wonderful way to keep in touch.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Prayer Shawls?

There's a small group I'm joining who prayerfully knit or crochet prayer shawls, and I thought I'd try crocheting for their purpose. This is going to require purchases; I spent a couple of days hauling out my complete collection of crochet needles but I never handled anything as apparently large as the ones they specify -- size "M", size "P" ? I took a skein of wool from last winter's barely started scarf, and unraveled it to see what my own largest needle would produce. One conclusion: the pretty rippled yarn makes it pretty hard to see the crochet stitches, for someone who's more used to hard tight string-like crochet. I remember the knitting was effortless, it's a good yarn, but I guess I don't have enough of it, anyhow.

So I'll have to consider buying before I have much idea what to buy. Maybe I'll get big needles today, and try some of my other old skeins for samples to see what it looks like? Yes, I wish you were here to coach me. I hate to get truly started on something that won't be what I eventually would want...Advice?

1 Comments:

  • At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is a fairly blatant usage of the blog site as an additional "linked site". It's an interesting techinique of search engine optimation..lie, cheat, and steal your way to the top of the search list.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home