McJohn.org

A wonderful way to keep in touch.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

yellow daisies

To my great delight, the lanceolate coreopsis have bloomed this week. They have lovely long individual stems, more or less a foot long; the blooms are each bigger than a silver dollar, the petals have a fringe on them, and the centers are yellow too. Petals and sepals both yellow, so it looks like ten petals...

I got this seed from Fragrant Garden although I hadn't chosen it, a gift. They came up so well in a starter pot that I gave the leftovers to Joe the day I was planting them out; they didn't bloom here last year, their infant year, but were strong plants. His had a little yellow bloom. So their robustness and the lovely look totally surprises me this week.

A simple bunch makes a lovely bouquet, and the fragrance is very light. Looks like I might get bloom for a long time if I keep bringing bunches in.

The (also yellow daisy) leopardbane had just stopped blooming, and then these burst into yellow. Hurrah.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dear grandma, it sounds like your garden is flourishing! mum and i have been laughing about ours a lot recently, between the snails, the birds, the rabbits and our vain attempts to rid the lawn of moss there are now one or two little bald spots where once there were plants! oh well we still enjoy sitting out with our lunch when the weather permits! take care, love sarah jane xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home