McJohn.org

A wonderful way to keep in touch.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Short Bloomtime

Once I visited a very large botanical garden and out of all the yellow kind-of-daisies, one took my heart. I had to go to the identification booths to find out what it was -- leopardbane. This year I've been able to buy four teeny little plants of it; the warning is that they might go dormant in hot weather, give them deep shade.

Well, this is Illinois. The shade I had was pretty good. One bloomed, with one bloom, just like one flash of a credit card, to show its name. And today in mounting Illinois heat (really torrid) it looks like dormancy or death is setting in. Hope for dormancy. The others haven't bloomed nor have they crumpled. Be here the days I bloom, I won't last, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home