McJohn.org

A wonderful way to keep in touch.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

No Patience

Well, there are only four canna in the whole little strip that have poked their leaves up and said Hello. I finally dug holes in the bed, pulled out a perfectly nice tuber and set it someplace else where it might get earlier sunshine; the other day, some animal had uprooted one, that went elsewhere as well. Yes, I put the variegated annual artemisia that seeds itself so much into the holes...

The false indigo did indeed bloom this year, not effulgent blooms, just pretty ones. I remember seeing a far more mature plant once, but this one's right here to admire every day, and as long as it's succeeded this far, it'll get bigger and older every year now. And the other one, that I moved last fall, has survived the move and put up one good sprig this year, marked by its protective cage.

The little white bleeding heart is still blooming and growing; that lamium in its bed is gorgeous and blooming white, too.

If my seedlings are still doing well next month, I'll have annual heliotrope, and a shrubby little guy who also blooms purple. Maybe I'd better learn how to keep heliotrope over the winter?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home