McJohn.org

A wonderful way to keep in touch.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

how long blogger's been around


I sat in the courtyard while the breeze flipped our hair, and apparently I lied to Marie. Yes, I firmly told her that blogspot was working in 1997 or thereabouts. And now I look in the archives, which seem to "start" in 2004, and see the long blog I wrote about how to do Thanksgiving dinner. And gee, I could swear I'd been writing in blogspot for several years before I put that article in.

So apparently I lied to Marie -- but I'd easily believe there are some years of archives that Google has let us ignore, too. I know where there'd be a dated record, but it'd be back in Illinois. So maybe 2000? It's true, there was barely a www in 1995. But by 1997? were we still using Yahoo then?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home