McJohn.org

A wonderful way to keep in touch.

Friday, December 24, 2004

Thy Neighbor's Wi-Fi

I've had the most interesting time trying to get my cheap little dial-up service provider to keep providing. Evidently, sometime last week this computer was sitting here, hibernating quietly but not turned off, when a neighbor installed a wireless. And some new things appeared on the alert little computer, like a packet service and a modem it had never noticed before, and some things got wiped clean, like my usual username and password.

It takes a kinda long and tedious time to repair all this, and maybe I've done so, and maybe I won't be able to log on again tomorrow. Seriously, I'm considering using the new open wireless connection myself if it keeps blocking my dial-up this way.

What am I, just a client on a network that's overwhelming me? Well, Happy Holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home