McJohn.org

A wonderful way to keep in touch.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What a Great St. Patrick's Day!

Sure, I remember in the 70s when paddy wagons lined all the streets leading off of State Street, and we came down from the tall office buildings to jam the sidewalks while the parade went by, on St. Patrick's day. No, not on a weekend around March 17th, but only on the day itself. And the noise of the crowd rises around me now -- and the smell! (lots of liquor).

Well, it's a long time ago. Today was a pleasant and mild success. There are frail little crocuses suddenly, all over the garden beds in front, where the sun hit them early in the morning. They're called Blue Pearl, I think; they might not technically be crocus, but something specialized? Big yellow centers, is that saffron?

There's a specialty shop in Pike Place market that sells remarkable things a person can build from precut balsa wood, teeny pieces and a picture for the pattern. And today after much studying and mulling, I did sit down and build the whole bottom section of a Chinese temple. Sides and top to follow, I hope. It's hard to jam the teeny little pieces in tightly enough, and I'm not sure I'm succeeding. Perhaps a lot of glue to help pretend they're tight?

If I had all the dope, my tax would be finished. I have to wait; but I don't expect any confusing details in the end. Next year is gonna be different, unfortunately. Confusing detail is piling up.

Didn't do housecleaning but on the whole, a very successful and pleasant St. Patrick's Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home