McJohn.org

A wonderful way to keep in touch.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

I Believe in Angels

A card I got the other day referred to the way we keep on floating on our wings.

The wings I do expect to float on aren't particularly mine. There's a wonderful statement in the Old Testament somewhere that describes it: the old can be held up by the wings of eagles, so that although young men stumble, the old can persevere. Anyone can be held up by the wings.

I do believe in angels. Not the meaty handsome be-winged kind that painters showed us, although certainly that's the way to put a readable symbol in a brilliant picture so people know what story you're telling. But there are angels, maybe harmonies in the universe, and they have skills or abilities that we cannot define (either). And I really do believe that when we pray for help, or even just as we go along hoping, even a negligible small thing can be accomplished by angels. Why not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home